Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Missing events (London again)

Following on from my musings about no-ones wanting to come on the media (don't we all? why else do we blog?) to tell their graphic tragic events, I heard from a couple of friends who were in town that day.
One had been in Tavistock Sq 10 minutes before the bus went up
The second was in a cab just around the corner just as the bus went up. He had to let people in the cab to just get them "...the f--- out of there!"

Now, I'm grateful that they were un(physically)touched by the experiences. Nobody wants to see anyone (espec friends) go through that sort of incident. But a small voice within me then made me question my previous comments.

Vicarious experience is all well & good: safe, clean & utterly preferable to actually being there isn't it . . . ?

But that humbling, mumbling wee little voice always likes to rock my boats: "Hmmm I always seem to miss these things - wonder what it was really like . . . what I would have done . . . I could have been on the telly instead . . . "

Funny that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home